Life - Atom" href="http://www.blogger.com/feeds/6816383455609595527/posts/default" /> A Day in the Life: Figment of My Own Reality

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Figment of My Own Reality

Sometimes, we can be ‘there’ for everyone else; until, we are no longer ‘here’ for ourselves. We become figments of our own reality; ghostly apparitions making cameo appearances throughout life. Why do we so easily surrender our reality to some else’s dream, aspirations, concerns, crisis? Even the lifeguard adheres to the strict rule of self-preservation; in that, before he saves others, he first maintains his own life; he commits his body, mind, and spirit to the exhausting execution of constant contractions and movement of muscles. All the while his objective is to save another’s life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I needed that. I have found myself in that mode often.