Life - Atom" href="http://www.blogger.com/feeds/6816383455609595527/posts/default" /> A Day in the Life: What's the Rush

Thursday, August 30, 2007

What's the Rush

According to the ancient Chinese proverb, “The longest journey begins with the first step.”
The first step in my journey has been the realization that I have not been a good steward of God’s temple, my body. The second step occurred as I hurriedly moved past that recurring, resting place known as indifference.

My mind then compelled my body to respond.
Thought became action.

I ask myself, “After years of not exercising, poor eating habits, and a sedentary lifestyle; why have you made time the villain? At what location do you suddenly have to appear today looking physically fit?”

Time does not run, walk, skip, or jump. Time does not crawl, stagger, hop, or limp. Time does not hesitate, procrastinate, pause, or stop.

Time, simply, marches on. Time does march on. Time will march on.
It moves to a rhythm syncopated by God, God’s self.

No comments: