Life - Atom" href="http://www.blogger.com/feeds/6816383455609595527/posts/default" /> A Day in the Life: STAND!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

STAND!

“And having done all to stand”

I say to all; be encouraged to stand. In a world where compromise is expected, even required, be motivated to stand by your convictions. Too much effort is given to the abandonment of values for the fleeting acceptance of others.

Who we desire to be is determined by who we are daily.

Audre Lorde made the following statement:

“I have come to believe over and over again that what is most important to me must be spoken, made verbal and shared, even at the risk of having it bruised or misunderstood.”

Therefore, be encouraged.
Stand!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know everyday I wake up giving praise to the Lord for another day but in this process I'm motivating myself just to keep a sane mind because sometimes my complete day is full of compromising values just to keep employment or just to keep a friend. You know the older I get, very little friends I have, because I realize if you have to abandoned everything that your are, you get stressed, sick and crazy trying to hold on to a persona that you are not.