Life - Atom" href="http://www.blogger.com/feeds/6816383455609595527/posts/default" /> A Day in the Life: The Year in Review 2: A Little Help Please

Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Year in Review 2: A Little Help Please

Through the next couple of months I had experienced a significant weight loss. I went from weighing 319 to 296. My blood sugar however took a turn for the worse. My blood tests revealed that though my weight had dropped, my sugar was out of control. I believe stress played a key factor in this. My AC1 number had risen to 11.1; despite the fact I was already taking two types of insulin and three oral medications. I began to act out. “OK Lord, come and get me.” I would eat the wrong foods and then go into the bathroom and shoot up with insulin. Sometimes I would not even check my sugar first. I would guestimate the amount of insulin that I needed to inject.

By this time, I had gone back to the doctor numerous times already for the aches and pains that I experienced from the treadmill and weights. None of the staff in the gym seemed to be available to assist me or anyone else struggling with the equipment. They were either into their own workout or busy conversating with the attractive female members. I then plummeted into a deep depression in the form of sleep.
One day while sitting at work I remembered meeting a brother that came to a health fair that my church sponsored, two years prior. We had talked about the need for our people to exercise and eat properly. As with most leaders during community activities as health fairs, I made a promise that I did not keep. I agreed to stay in touch with this fitness instructor and his company. I did not. And now two years later I needed him and his company; but I couldn’t remember his name or the correct name of his company.

No comments: